Arthritis is a condition consisting of more than 120 different diseases that affect the joints and muscles in the body. It is a problematic health concern that people of all ages endure, but that is most common in older adults. Sadly, there isn’t a cure for arthritis, but patients do have a number of treatment options available to help them better deal with the condition. There is much to know about arthritis and we’re here to help you learn a few important facts with the five pieces of information below.
1. Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. It is estimated that more than 10 million people are affected by the disease, many of whom succumb to the pain that it causes.
2. It affects both men and women. However, it affects women at slightly higher rates than men. An estimated 24.9% of those affected are women, compared to just 19.5% of men.
3. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis diagnosed today. This type of arthritis affects the joints and is commonly experienced in the news had the hip.
4. More than 78 million Americans are expected to be diagnosed with arthritis by the year 2040!
5. People with other chronic conditions are at a greater risk for developing arthritis than other people. In fact, people with heart disease have a 55% increased risk in developing arthritis at some point in their lives.
If you suffer from arthritis or suspect the condition is impacting your life, call the South Florida Orthopedics center to schedule an appointment. The sooner you make the call, the sooner you will find the relief that you want and need. Treatment options are available for many types of arthritis but you cannot get the benefits if you don’t make the call.